Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Frustrated Perfectionist.

So, I have been knitting a quite some time. I grew up watching my mom knit. She is an amazing knitter. I was blessed with many sweaters, jackets, dresses and hats that she knit me when I was growing up.

She is not only creative but also meticulous in her stitches. Her knitting is even and looks like a machine knit. Being surrounded like such perfect knits, my standard is, needless to say, very high.

The problem is I cannot reach the standard. The worse problem is I cannot be happy when I cannot meet the standard. Every time I look at my knitting stitches, I get disgusted. I cannot tell you how many times I have undone stitches. Now some may say, "What's wrong with the stitches?" and others may say, "Stitches like that make it look more home-made." Still, my pursuit for perfect knit stitches goes on....

I have tried all the "Continental Style", "English Style", and "Combined Method." I have tried different angles on pulling the yarn. I have also tried different angles on inserting the right needle. Yes, I have become obsessed and geeky on this matter.

I will be a happy and content knitter when I finally master the even knitting like my mom.

2 comments: